Friday, October 26, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 22 - Commitment

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 22 was to use a picture of someone from the rear view. I take rear view shots quite a bit, actually, so this one was a matter of picking WHICH rear view shot I wanted to use.


Journaling Reads:

Liam, you never complain about going to football practice, even though starting on 7/23, a full month before games begin, you practice five days a week for three hours each day!! Even during a mega heat wave, you look forward to going to practice. All of that practice and dedication has prepared you for days like today….the highlight of each week…game day!Football has taught you commitment, team work, and responsibility. It has taught you to appreciate hard work and to enjoy the benefits when it pays off. You understand that it takes everyone on the team to do their absolute best in order to bring home a victory. And that’s what you do each game, you give 100%.

Quote in the bottom right reads: Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.  ~ VINCE LOMBARDI ~

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. I accidentally printed this picture in B&W, and almost used the B&W pic on the page.  But, the color picture had such a different feeling.  So, I knew I had to use it.
  2. I need to add the location to this page.  When Liam and I were looking at it, I wasn't really sure.  I had to look at the date of the photo and compare it to the football schedule to be sure.  It was at Lake Orion High School.
  3. I printed the journaling and quote on patterned paper.  I first printed it on a white piece of paper, then I taped my patterned paper over the white piece of paper and sent it through the printer again.  I had to doctor some smudges on the Vince Lombardi quote because I didn't have another piece of that same paper to print it over.  Oh, well.  It gives the layout a messy locker room feel, right? 
  4. I LOVE my date stamp from the K&Company Smash line.  Love it.
  5. I don't love this title treatment, but I'll live with it. 

No comments: