I assembled all of the pages in the correct chronological order and gave it to him as a gift. And he loves it. LOVES it!! Even gave it a thumbs up. That's what it's all about.
Challenge 17a was my inspiration for this layout. (WOO HOO, only 5 more challenges to go until I've done them ALL!!)
Some observations on the process and products used:
- The inspiration layout is a double spread, mine is a single. But I stole the strip of smaller bordered photos that kind of overlap each other. That's about the only similarity between the two. And that's OK.
- When Kev looked at the page, he said, "Wow, where was his second birthday at?" And I read the journaling to him, "We celebrated your second birthday at a rented cottage on Big Star Lake." Kev's reply, "OOOOhhhh, yeah." That's what scrapbooks are for, to help us remember.
- I had originally printed the photos across the top in full color, but thought that turning them to sepia would make them coordinate with the paper, better.
- Speaking of the papers, another SU! paper set.
- The arrows on all of the photos point to Liam's sports related gifts. It was a sports birthday.
- He was such a good looking baby!!