Tuesday, September 25, 2012

LOAD512 - Day 15 - Comedy & Tragedy

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD512) challenge for Day 15: Tough Topic Tuesday - Conflict


Journaling Reads:

I had never been to the opera before the 2011-2012 season when my niece, Bailey, began performing with the Michigan Youth Opera Chorus. Suddenly, I'm attending my third opera, I Pagliacci, at the Detroit Opera House where Bailey played teen Nedda alongside my friend, Tammy's daughter, Grace, who played 10-year-old Nedda. The conflict between comedy and tragedy made for a great show.

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. Stampin' Up paper...my fave
  2. Hand journaling is hard for me.  There is always so much more that I want to say, but when I hand journal it, I run out of room.  Sigh.
  3. The I Pagliacci embellishment was cut out of the program and then pop dotted.
  4. For a one photo layout, this took me a long time to design.  Not a quick page this time around.

1 comment:

~Amy said...

Colors looks great with the pics!!!