Let me repeat that, ONE SCRAPBOOK PAGE PER DAY!!! Sane? Not entirely. Doable? Absolutely.
During my first LOAD, February 2012, I did it!! I completed the challenge!! 28 PAGES!! WAHOO!!
During my second LOAD, May 2012, I'd like to say that I did it, but I'm keeping it real up in here...I only did half of it. I could make up a zillion excuses why I only completed 16 out of 31 pages (we all have them), but excuses don't matter.
What matters is that between LOAD212 and LOAD512, I completed FORTY FOUR scrapbook pages. Which is forty four more than I would have created had I not participated in LOAD. And that, my friends, is the bomb dot com.
Can I get a WHAT! WHAT!
So, what kind of advice can I give about LOAD participation?
- Breathe - In Yoga, it's important to focus on the breath. It is calming and powerful, it creates a rhythm. I think the same holds true during LOAD. Just breathe, and everything will be OK. Promise.
- JFDI - Just Freakin' Do It (feel free to replace that F word with something stronger or weaker depending on your comfort level) - And by this I mean, don't stress about creating a page, don't dwell on it forever, don't fret about it, don't spend a coon's age picking out your paper, just sit down and do it. JFDI.
- Done - We've all heard Lain say that Done is better than Perfect. As a recovering perfectionist, I can tell you that this is 110% correct. What matters most is that you've recorded the memory. I remind myself of this DAILY during LOAD.
- Connect - One of my favorite things about participating in my first two LOADs was connecting with other LOADsters in the gallery. My method for connecting was to always comment on the 10 previous pages that had been uploaded prior to mine. I'm not suggesting that this is something that others have to do, but if we all did this, then everyone would be guaranteed at least 10 comments on every page. It's a method of connecting that I'm comfortable with. It's not for everyone. But I would encourage you to try and connect to others during LOAD. Find a method that works for you. It WILL enhance your experience.
- Live - Life doesn't stop during LOAD. Continue to live it.
- Smile - Remember that this a hobby that you luh-uh-uhvvvve. Love. Smile. Laugh. Enjoy. If it becomes a chore. Take a breather (aaaaaand we're back to number 1 above).
Looking forward to another enchanting LOAD and to spending October with some scraptacular ladies!
Hop on over to some of the other BLOGS:
You are Here >> Heather H.
Go Here Next >>Alison C.