The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 1: What song would play when they announce your name at an Awards show?
The song that instantly popped into my head was Dancing Queen by Abba, but I don't have any recent pictures of me dancing (not professionally, anyway, although I'm sure I have some pictures of me dancing just for S's & G's).
So, I decided to scrap an event and I chose a song that, for me, epitomizes the celebration of St. Patrick's Day.
The name of the song is Black Velvet Band. And, if you've ever been to an Irish Pub, you know that it's customary to sing along with the chorus and, even though I don't think it's an official lyric in the song, there is a certain point where you raise your pint and emphatically sing-slash-yell: "AND SHE WAS!"
Journaling Reads:March 16, 2012 marked the second annual St. Patrick’s Eve and Corned Beef & Cabbage party at Greene Acres. When I think of St. Patrick’s Day, I think of this song, especially the chorus, and I smile:
"Her eyes, they shone like the diamonds. You’d think she was queen of the land.
AND SHE WAS!
And her hair hung over her shoulder. Tied up with a black velvet band."
There were some new families that attended this year who were a fabulous addition to the mix. I’m so lucky to call these wonderful lasses my dear friends.
Some observations about the process and products:
- Dios Mio! Will I EVER be able to scrap a page in a half hour?!? More like three hours on this one. Sigh.
- I might not be able to scrap in little time, but I can scrap with little product: 1 sheet green cardstock, 1 sheet white cardstock, printer paper, shamrock stamp, Stampin' Up ink pad, chipboard letters. Minimalism.
- PICASA - Use it a ton. I love a good collage. I love text on photos. I love free. Enough said.
- I had to use restraint when stamping my shamrocks...I was tempted to stamp shamrocks all the way across the bottom and all the way across the top. Case in point that Less is More.
- I think I smiled the entire time whilst making this page. This party makes me smile. These people make me smile. That song makes me smile. The food makes me smile. This memory makes me smile. Reason number 5,672 that I scrapbook.