Friday, October 26, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 20 - My Funny Valentine

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 20 was to use Washi tape in an unusual way. I'm not sure that I used the washi unusually, but, ALL of the strips in this layout are made out of washi. What's funny is that the day before this prompt came out I had bought a roll of washi tapes (4 patterns) from the Martha Stewart craft line. Psychic?!?



Journalig Reads:

Jordyn, you wanted to spend Valentine’s Day with someone that you really love. So, you asked Alicia to go to dinner with you. You and Alicia have been the best of friends since you were four and she was three when we lived on the same street. And even though we moved a couple of miles away, you remained as close as sisters. So, you spent the evening together. You went to dinner at our local Mexican restaurant, Casa Real. A cute boy was at the restaurant with his family, and you girls thought it would be fun to send him dessert, fried ice cream, from a secret admirer. Alicia has such a playful and funny personality. She really brings out the silly in you. Immediately after you sent over the mystery dessert, you guys dashed from the restaurant in fits of laughter over the fear that you might be caught! After dinner, you went to see the movie, The Vow. Dinner and a movie, love and laughter, sounds like a perfect Valentine’s Date to me.

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. I used Stickles on these hearts.  I haven't used Stickles in forever.  It's fun to use, but I wish it dried faster.
  2. The hearts were from my pre-punched hearts drawer.  Love those punched shapes drawer!
  3. I love the playfulness of the relationship between Jordyn and Alicia. 
  4. I listened to Sutton Foster's CD, "Wish". My good friend knew Sutton as a teenager.  Which goes to show you that there really are six degrees of separation in this world.
  5. I really need to increase my washi stash.  Washi is fun.

No comments: