Friday, October 26, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 23 - Golf Lessons

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 23 was to use an old product and/or to use a non-standard shape on your page. I was able to accomplish half of this challenge. At the top of my page there is a wavy border of chipboard that I covered in small polka dot paper. You guys, I have chipboard coming OUT.MY.EARS. And I NEVER use it. But, today, I did!


Journaling Reads:

Where: Mulberry Hills, Oxford, Michigan

What: After receiving your birthday golf clubs, we enrolled you in some golf lessons. You're more of a solitary soul, so we think this might be the sport for you. You're having fun so far!

When: July 23, 2012  

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. All of the papers were from the same Stampin' Up! paper pack. I LOVE SU! papers. These papers are double sided, so whenever I have double sided papers I cut out a section of the paper underneath a big element. So, before I adhered the orange paper, I cut out a big section of the green paper. On the back side of the green paper was the small polka dot paper that I used to cover the chipboard. And before I adhered the photo collage, I cut out a section of the orange paper. And on the back side of the orange paper was the paper that mats my journaling card. Voila. 4 PPs out of only two pieces of paper. :) And BONUS, they all coordinate.
  2. I love how the green polka dot paper reminds me of golf balls.
  3. See, another rear view shot.
  4. I just love it when you flub the very last word of your hand written journaling.  Maybe I should invest in some white out.  But, I guess that would only work if the journaling spot was on white paper. Not. Gonna. Worry. Bout. It.
  5. Journaling tag is from the Project Life Clementine kit.
  6. I like how the chipboard border reminds me of a hilly stretch of golf course.
  7. I watched episodes of Modern Family and New Normal on Hulu Plus while scrapping this page.

No comments: