Tuesday, October 16, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 12 - Donuts

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 12 was to use twine on the layout. I actually threw my twine in at the last minute. As I was working on the page, I kind of forgot what the prompt was....good thing I remembered, because the layout was really missing something without it.



Journaling Reads:

Mom - "Liam, what kind of birthday cake do you want this year?"
Liam - "Can I have glazed donuts?"
Mom - "You're the birthday boy. I'll go to Meijer and pick some up!"

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is some Bazzil cardstock.  I just like to say Bazzil.
  2. Journaling card is from K&Company's Smash line.  I am getting a LOT of mileage out of these!!
  3. Patterned paper strip and patterned paper tab are both from my scrap bin.  I think I'm going to challenge myself to NOT cut any patterned paper for the rest of LOAD that doesn't come from my scrap bin.  Using up my scrap stash!
  4. The 4 x6 photos I just printed on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of photo paper, left them spaced as they were and trimmed around the border to have a consistent frame all the way around.
  5. Flowers on a boy's page!?  You Betcha!!

No comments: