Journaling Reads:Facebook is still your happy place
3/10 /12 - The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney
3/22/12 - Smile to change the world! Don't let the world change your smile :)
7/26/12 - If you don't know where you’re going, you'll end up some place else. -Yogi Berra
8/16/12 - Even if you're having a bad day, it's always okay to smile!
8/31/12 - Sometimes in life, things don't go the best, you just have to get a better perspective.
9/16/12 - Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... Learn from it. -Rafiki, from The Lion King
10/1/12 - Don't think, and don't worry. If the time comes, you'll know what to do. -Mrs. Incredible
Some observations about the process and products:
- I listened to the Pat Benetar station on Pandora. Pandora asked me twice if I was still listening, which is a good indication that I did NOT complete this page in a half hour. IS that really possible on a regular basis??
- This is my daughter, at age 16, with a couple of her Facebook profile pictures along with a number of her status updates. I am so blessed to have this girl as my daughter.
- Based on the sketch, the photo collage should be roughly 6x6 ish. That's the size I requested and saved in Picasa, however that sizing was lost in translation when I sent it to the printer. So, I just worked with the size that came out.
- Have you ever stolen an element from a previous, completed layout? I took the "E" in the word profile off another layout I created a couple of years ago. The acrylic letter packet didn't have a grey E, it only had a black striped E. So, I swapped out the grey E from another layout with the black E so that I could use the grey E on THIS page.
- I love love love the grey, white, black, yellow combo right now. I've been loving it all summer.
- Using my daughter's Facebook statuses is one way of getting other people to journal for you! Works for me!!!