I loved this prompt IMMEDIATELY!! Unfortunately, my Saturday was jam packed, and I didn't get around to scrapping until Sunday, but better late than never. Here are the sticker sheets that I worked with -
The Lay Out:
Some observations about the process and products:
- Truth be told, if I would have chosen to scrap instead of Zumba in the morning, I could have created a page on Saturday instead of doing it on Sunday. But, Zumba is a priority this month, too. Something's gotta give sometimes.
- Whenever I hear hymns, I think of my dad. So, I listened to Alan Jackson's Precious Memories gospel CD.
- When I first made the words out of the stickers, I made the word Mr. ...and then a bunch of other words...and then the word fix-it. I immediately knew I needed to put those two words together for a title. And I knew EXACTLY what pic I wanted to use. Fortunately, because of my library of memories photo organizations system, I was able to find this picture in less than 60 seconds. Gotta love that!!
- The crochet flower is covering up my mom's foot in the photo.
- I dragged my white ink pad across Kraft card stock to get the back ground paper look. I like it.
- I'm really digging these little Smash list tags.
- The blingy circles are covering up a rub on debacle.
- I did not cry whilst scrapping this page. Which has not been the case with the last 20 layouts I've done about my dad. I think the space between when he passed and now is definitely making it easier to record my memories of him. It doesn't me I miss him any less, it just means his absence is no longer raw pain.