Thursday, October 11, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 11 - A&W

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 11 was based on the Gong Show.  The idea was to re-try a technique that you've used in the past, that maybe didn't go so well, and do it over again.  Or to scrap about a story where something just kind of "gonged" or didn't go as expected.  Well, I thought and thought and though all day what to do.  And, I really didn't have something that fit the theme.  The closest I could come to the theme was re-taking my son's picture because the first shot of him was silly.  The first picture (on the left below) "gonged" and I made him smile  and take another one.


Journaling Reads:

At least once a summer, I like to take you guys to the A&W in the town where I grew up.  Luckily, that's only one town over from where we live now. We order chili cheese fries, hot dogs, burgers, & root beer floats and we eat in the car!

Journaling (along the border of the photo collage) Reads:

You gave me this face when I asked for a picture with your float.  Take two resulted in a much nicer smile. Handsome Liam.

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. Photo collage a la Picasa, of course.
  2. Patterned paper from my scrap box.
  3. Journaling spot from K&Company's Smash line
  4. I could really, REALLY, go for some chili cheese fries right now.
  5. The creation of this page was slowed down by Hulu.  I was watching a couple of episodes of Revenge and New Normal.  Slowed me down a bit.
  6. Date stamp that I've been using on the last couple of lay outs is also from K&Company's Smash line. Digging it.

No comments: