Journaling Reads:We were enjoying a fabulous wine weekend in Traverse City with 16 other couples, when Kevin announced to our friends, out of the blue, that L. Mawby was the first winery he and I had ever visited together - 11 years ago on our one year anniversary. I was so touched that he remembered that and cared enough to point it out to everyone. He's not much of a romantic, but obviously he's sentimental about certain things. We love our wine, and we love each other.
Some observations about the process and products:
- Background patterned paper is from Stampin' Up.
- Lower left tag is an altered Converse tag that I wrapped ribbon around and stuck a little heart down inside.
- Lower right cluster includes another altered tag from some clothing, I covered up the name of the clothing company with a piece of black ribbon, it didn't match exactly, but it matched enough, and then I used letter stickers on top of the tag to spell Love Wine for the title. This also includes some ephemera from the wine tasting at L. Mawby, brads, buttons, flowers, the kitchen sink.
- More of the same in the upper cluster.
- Seriously out of my comfort zone. At the end of the day, I spent way too much time hemming and hawing over these clusters. I prefer pages with fewer embellies, less fuss, and with more focus on the story and pictures. Not that clustering is wrong or bad, just not something I'm comfortable with.
- At the end of the day, I think there's a little too much going on here for me. But done is better than perfect. And there it is.