The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 4 was: Driving Miss Daisy. This prompt is to scrap about a journey or process....documentation of a road or train trip or a weight loss journey or a faith journey or even the progression of a pregnancy or relationship. Or, from a process standpoint, you could scrap a page about a favorite recipe or the steps you take to complete a scrapbook page.
I chose to scrap about the journey to the bus stop on the first day of school this year. Sometimes, when you take a picture, you just KNOW that you need to turn it into a layout, even before you upload the pics to your computer or print it out. That was the case with this picture, and I was happy I could apply our little walk to the bus stop to this prompt.
Ashton, you cheerfully chased after Owen as we walked him to the bus stop on the first day of school. You happily waited on the corner with him and watched him get on the bus. The doors closed behind him and the bus pulled away. In an instant, the flood gates opened. You cried as Dad and I giggled at your uber -adorableness. It’ll be your turn to ride the bus soon enough, son.
Some observations about the process and products:
- I listened to the Johnny Cash Pandora station whilst scrapping this.
- I ate two mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups and drank my go-to beverage...H2O.
- My first attempt at journaling was on yellow paper strips, and instead of a 4x6 block and a 5x7 photo, I had two 4x6's stacked on top of each other. I did NOT like the way this looked. So, I re-printed my primary photo in a 5x7 size and journaled on the computer. Much better.
- I spent entirely too much time trying to figure out how to point out the bus in the background of the 5x7 photo. I had a circle around it at first. First a red circle, then a yellow circle, then I created this yellow arrow and sought the advice of my 8 year old who provided his approval.
- The semi-circle borders are definitely more red than pink. They look pink in this pic.
- I FINALLY put tickets on a page!! YAY. And, yes, they are left over 50/50 tickets from some sporting event.
- AND, drum roll, please, I used tape in the left corner. It's part of the Smash product line. That was fun.
- Seriously, when Ash started crying, it was the cutest thing ever.