Wednesday, October 10, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 10 - interception

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 10 was to use a 3 dimensional element on your page.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. You can't really tell it in this photo, but the background paper is bumpy, it actually feels like the pigskin of a football.  So, that's my 3D element.  I guess I could have added some flowers.  But, eh, flowers and football?  Notsomuch.

Journaling Reads:


Liam, you’re not the biggest player on the field. You’re not the fastest. You don’t have the strongest arm or the longest punt. But, there’s a whole lot of drive and determination wrapped up in your little #24 uniform. You hit harder than many of the big guys and you aren’t afraid to go after kids twice your size. You, by far, have the biggest football heart out there and as a first string defensive corner back, you are indeed a valuable asset to the team, as evidenced by this play…your first ever interception during a game. I couldn’t be more proud of your motivation and good sportsmanship.


Quote in the corner Reads:

“Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” ―Lou Holtz

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. Stars were pre-punched, all I had to do was grab them from my punched stars drawer.
  2. Photo Credit - Tracy Albert, our team photographer.
  3. If you could hear the cowbell when looking at these pictures, you'd have to plug your ears.  Proud Momma Moment.
  4. As I was looking in my sports embellishments bin, I realized that I have a ton of stuff that I will probably never use.  OK, I will definitely never use it.  I used to SAY that I was a scrapbooker, but I think I was more of a Scrapbook supply collector.  I'm so glad that I'm spending time more scrapping and less time collecting supplies.

No comments: