Thursday, March 15, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 24 - 790



The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 23 was - Numbers. The inspiration page was BEYOND adorable using all of the numbers associated with a baby's birth and putting it into Subway art format. It was gorgeous. Putting it on my to-do list for each of my kids. But what spoke to me first when I saw the prompt was "790". The address of the house I grew up in. Here are the rest of the numbers associated with this house, and my best first crack at subway art. Definitely room for improvement.


First Version:


But then I realized there were more numbers that needed to be told. Most importantly that my dad had built this house with his own TWO hands. But I also had to correct the date and I thought it'd be fun to add more details. So, I re-did the layout.


Second Version:



Some observations about the process and the products used:



  1. In the re-do, I added journaling to the photo so that it was more clear who the picture was of (me) and where it was taken (in front of the mailbox in front of my house)

  2. Stampin' Up patterned papers and ink used to ink the edges of the cardstock (I hadn't inked the edges of anything in a LONG time!)

  3. I know that done is better than perfect, but even though I really liked version one, I absolutley LOVE version two.

No comments: