Thursday, March 15, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 25 - 790 page two

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 25 was - I Feel like....



But, today, I decided to go back to Day 9's prompt which was Home Sweet Home. I knew I wanted to scrap about the process of our house being built by my dad, but wasn't ready to do it until I created yesterday's page (on the left). It just seemed a perfect fit to make a companion page (on the right). So, the right side is technically today's page.


Journaling on each photo reads:



  1. (right page - top photo) - This is a picture of me and my mom at the construction site of our house in 1978. If you look closely, you can see that my mom is roasting a marshmallow. Proof that she's awesome.

  2. (right page - bottom left photo) - This is me at age 5 and a half in 1978 while our house was being built. My dad in the background and my Uncle Hurley in the foreground laid the brick. I'm not sure why I don't have any shoes on.

  3. (right page - bottom right photo) - My mom tells the story about how a pallet of bricks almost fell on me when our house was being built. I wonder if it happened right after this picture was taken?

Some observations about the process and the products used:



  1. Crochet flowers are adorable. I think these are Dear Lizzy, but I'm not 100% sure.

  2. This page came together so quickly. Love fast scrapping

  3. When you put a large piece of cardstock on top of a larger piece of patterned paper, do you cut out the part of the patterned paper that is covered by the cardstock? I do. On this layout, I got about 5x7 of patterned paper from each side of the layout that can be used in another project. I'm thrifty like that.

  4. Could you imagine chasing after three young kids in the middle of construction zone, keeping them out of harm's way, trying to entertain them in the middle of nowhere, with no power, no running water, braving the elements for months on end? Go, Mom!

  5. My dad was an AMAZING man. Miss him.

No comments: