Thursday, March 15, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 29 - Perfect

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 29 was - Once in a Blue Moon

Couldn't think of anything for this prompt that was scrapworthy, so I told a story I've been wanting to scrap for a long time, about not being thrilled with the pregnancy of my fourth child, my fears and slight depression, and then falling completely in love with this perfect little being.




Journaling Reads:

When I found out I was pregnant with you, I was not thrilled. Dad had been unemployed for seven months, the economy was in a terrible recession, our oldest child would be 14 when you were born and the sibling closest to you in age would be 6 when you were born...we were SO done with babies. I spent a lot of my pregnancy depressed...well, not clinically depressed, but definitely not thrilled. The doctor told me that because my "eggs were older" that I could do some testing to determine if you would have Down's Syndrome. But that information wouldn't have changed anything, we wouldn't have "done" anything about it. And then there were the worries that you, my fourth child, would have to be born by cesarean, when the others were not...



...And then you were born. And it wasn't a cesarean birth. As a matter of fact, it was the easiest labor I'd had out of all of them. From first contraction to delivery only took about two hours. And you were perfect. Your nose, your eyes, your lips, your fingers, your toes, the wrinkles in your skin, your ear lobes, everything about you was perfect. And I instantly fell in love. Completely and utterly in love. And I couldn't imagine my world with out you in it. You completed our family. You served a purpose none of us could ever have imagined we would need. You brought me, and the entire family, pure joy. It wasn't long before we fittingly started to call you Mr. Perfect.




Some observations about the process and the products used:




  1. Stampin' Up patterned paper.


  2. Clear acrylic letters from Heidi Swapp.


  3. Ribbon from a dress...you know...the ribbons on the insides of garments to help hang the garment up, but if you don't cut the ribbons out, they will slip out the sleeve and everyone will see them? Well, I cut those ribbons out and put them in my craft stash.


  4. I can not get enough of Picasa. From journaling on photos like in this layout to collages, it makes scrapbooking much more fun and easier to do.


  5. Even though I did this layout two weeks ago, re-reading the journaling and typing it into this blog post had me in tears again. Love this little bugger.


And that's IT! I did it!! I scrapped EVERY DAY for 29 Days in a row!! AMAZING!!! And now to rest.

1 comment:

~Amy said...

Wow! Awesome job on the month of LOAD! Loved them alll but this may be my fav! Xo!