Thursday, November 1, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 28 - King Owen

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 28 was to use a masking technique. Another "out of my element" challenge. I don't use masks or mists or any of that, but I do have some templates. I painted the red journaling block to the right of the photo using a stencil. I don't LOVE how it turned out, but the end result = another memory captured.



Journaling Reads:

Owen, all you cared about this Halloween was having a sword. Even though you can't take "weapons" to school and even though we have a ton of swords, you wanted a new one. We spotted this shiny sword and thought it would be perfect for royalty. Then we saw the cape and the crown, and it was settled...King Owen.

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. Eh
  2. Not my favorite page, aesthetically speaking.
  3. But, I've forever recorded one of Owen's Halloweens.  And that's the point.

No comments: