Thursday, November 1, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 31 - Candy

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 31 was to journal about Candy.  There were a lot of great prompts, but I simply journaled about my daughter passing out candy on Halloween a couple of years ago. 

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. I've done a lot of Halloween pages this LOAD, but this is the first Halloween page where I've used Halloween papers and embellishments.  Love this Stampin' Up! Paper pack.
  2. However, this is NOT the first page where I've used these Heidi Swapp ghost alphas. LOVING them.
  3. I absolutely love the duck face pose, said no mom ever.
  4. This page came together SO quickly.  I don't know if that's because it's a relatively simple page, or if it's because by going through this exercise of scrapping every day, it's becoming easier and more automatic.  I'm in my supplies more often, so I spend less time searching for items.  Maybe it's a combination of the both. 
  5. I'm so sad this is the last day of LOAD.  It was so much fun this time around.  And even though I skipped a couple of days here and there, I always came back and did the prompt.  31 pages in 31 days.  Boo-yah!

No comments: