Thursday, November 1, 2012

LOAD1012 - Day 27 - Psycho Clown

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD1012 - S.H.O. Time) challenge for Day 27 was to use a wet technique. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pam's video, although, the concept of "messy" and I don't go together really well. I used the splatter technique and I'm pleased with how well this "messiness" fit my page topic.




Journaling Reads:

Liam, you wanted to wear a scary costume this year...Mission Accomplished! You enjoyed scaring the trick-or-treaters.

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. I originally intended different pictures and a different topic when I was creating this splattered background paper.  But, I thought the effect went better with the scariness of this picture.
  2. The black border along the left is a recent purchase.  Because, apparently, I don't have enough scrapbook supplies and I constantly have to buy more.  It's an illness.
  3. I would have never tried this splatter technique if it wasn't for LOAD.  Not sure I'll use this technique again, but, ya never know.
  4. I hated this costume of Liam's, but he loved it!
  5. Looking forward to finally putting together these Halloween albums for the kids.  The problem with Jordyn and Liam's album will be finding the pictures of their younger years.  Bad Mommy.

No comments: