Monday, June 8, 2009

Challenge 15b - in your ELEMENT

I'm a scrapping fool today. Catching up on some challenges on this gorgeous rainy day. ScRap SiStaz Challenge 15b - Feelings.

in your ELEMENT:




Some observations about the process and the products used

  1. Please tell me that I am not the only who drops F bombs whilst scrapping.

  2. This layout induced multiple F bombs to be dropped in my scrap room at various decibal levels.

  3. I've decided that, I like Simple Scrapbooking, and this layout was not simple. Which is strange considering that it only has one photo. Hmm.

  4. Kevin saw this layout and said, "You didn't even show what I caught? Well, it was a big one." Jackal.

  5. I used SEVERAL mega meet weekend products on this layout - flexible ruler (for the first time!), scallop punch, chipboard swirls, and the Heidi Swapp date stamp.

  6. You might have noticed that I used the same SU! patterned papers as I did in this layout earlier today. Since these will be going in different books, I thought it was wise to keep going with the same papers rather than stash them in my scrap container, never to be used again.

  7. Is there more rain in the forecast?
EDITED:
I had to fix some things on this layout. I added who this is a picture of and where he is in the last line of my journaling, I added the "27" in the date stamp, I added a little scallop punch on the picture which says "It was a BIG bass!" and I inked the blue swirls so they weren't so shocking. Here is the updated version:Inspiration Layout:

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow you are rockin'! I love it. In regards to Kevin's comment about his catch, could you print it in like a small square and add it (matted) on the photo where the water is? (not to cover too much of it)

I am in the process of 2 - 2 page layouts but not from our challenges. Last night I duplicated my Sam Challenge for my Sister-in-law as one of her gifts as Addie's dance teacher. Also working on a fathers day project for Bill ad we are celebrating this weekend. Life is too crazy right now. The above, garage sale and some family issues.
Sorry for venting on your blog:)
Great Page!

Heather Leigh said...

Vent away!

I have another layout teed up and ready to go as soon as it rains again!! :)

I think I might add a little something more to this layout - where it is and who it is are both missing and that bugs me. 30 years from now, will my grandkids be asking - is this grandpa? where is he? So, maybe I can include those 2 things plus the fact that he's catching a huge bass.

~Amy said...

I have also dropped multiple f-bombs so you are not alone! Great page! Love the picture and the inking!! Good job !

Heather Leigh said...

OK - I fixed it and reposted!!