Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Challenge 16b - love

I created this layout as part of ScRap SiStaZ Challenge 16b a couple of weeks ago, but am just now getting around to posting it. Not sure what took me so long, other than I don't truly LOVE the layout. But, I've got Mother's Day 2009 recorded and I'm moving on.
love:

Some observations about the process and the products used:
  1. Fonts in journaling strips are: black text - A Red Bucket, green text - Cry Kitty, both downloaded for free from this site.
  2. Picture taken on Mother's Day at my mom's house.
  3. I used the Cricut for the title and figured out why it wasn't previously cutting all the way through. There is a dial called "pressure" that Owen had fiddle with and turned the pressure way down. It only took me 6 different attempts to finally figure it out! I knew my blade hadn't dulled, yet.
  4. The bling scrolls purchased at the Mega Meet are a pain in the ARSE to apply to your page. Be forewarned. Glad I didn't buy too many of those. FRUSTRATING! Yes, they're crooked and they're going to stay crooked.
  5. I always have a hard time picking a font color to match my paper. That's because the colors that look like they match on my computer screen print out differently on paper. So, I created this "abc" file and printed it out. It is basically a replication of the color chart options on my computer. Now I can compare my paper to the colors of the text on this print out. Which is what I did here. The color that matched my paper the best would have NEVER been my choice based on what that color looks like on my computer screen. I think I'm going to use my abc color chart often.

Inspiration Layout:

No comments: