Thursday, January 22, 2009

Challenge 1b - Dear Kev

OK, yes, I should be in bed right now. But, it's not as late as I stayed up last night AND tonight I actually started and finished my layout in the same evening (unlike last night). Unfortunately, I didn't start this layout until 10:20 pm, since I first had to finish the layout that I started LAST night. Mamma Mia!


I just really wanted to do the ScRaP SiStaZ Challenge 1b. So here it is...


Dear Kev - Single Layout


Some observations about the creative process and the products used:

  1. This is the very first photo that I have ever scrapped of our wedding.
  2. This layout came together really really quickly. The longest part was typing the journaling.
  3. Cutting a scalloped border when you're stone cold sober is just as challenging, if not more so, as cutting a scalloped border when you're 3 sheets to the wind...or at least 3 glasses of wine to the wind. Might need to look into some scallop border punches.
  4. Stampin' Up! (plug for Stacey) has the.best.rubons.ever. Ever. The florally scrolly stuff down the left side of the journaling block is a SU! rubon as is the You Make Me Happy in the lower right corner of the photo. They just rub on so easily. They're grrrrreat!
  5. KEV is spelled using atd self adhesive acrylic alphas.
  6. Patterned papers are from DCWV black & white stack.
  7. When you go through your stash, you can find things that fit perfectly on your page (like those rubons). And when you find something that fits perfectly, it's almost like Christmas. Such a gift.
  8. Kev really does make me happy.

8 comments:

~Amy said...

Love it! The rub on floral things are sooo cute. I wonder why I can't double click on your photo to see it close up?! I really want to read your journaling :)

xxxxx said...

Absolutely LOVE THIS! What a beautiful picture and a beautiful page! Simply perfect!

Heather Leigh said...

I fixed the link so that now you can double click and enlarge the photo.

Kim said...

Heather ~ I absolutely Love this layout. I might have to scraplift this for our wedding dance photo.
CTMH has nice rub-ons also. :) They come off very easily.

Lori said...

This is such a beautiful layout Heather! The picture is just gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and everything! :)

kid_curry said...

It's a beautiful layout. Great use of the Stampin' Up rub-ons. Your journaling was so heartfelt. That really came through. Good job!

Heather Leigh said...

Thanks everyone. This is definitely a new personal favorite of mine. Scraplift away, Kim! :)

Life With Kids said...

what a wonderful page! the picture is gorgeous! the paper is beautiful. you say the nicest things! i hope i can do the same some day!