Now, I'm not as analytical between my layout and the original layout as Mindy (this is scraplifting, after all). And I'm not as carbon copied or obsessive about my layout as Kim (love you Kim!). And I'm really proud of Amy for letting the wrinkled ribbon "go", because it's the memory that counts...not the ribbon.
But, here are some of my observations about completing this challenge.
1. It sucks to not be able to print my own photos.
2. Cutting out a scalloped border after 3-5 glasses of wine is NOT easy.
3. It sucks to not be able to print my journaling and to have to use my own handwriting instead (ESPECIALLY after 4-5 glasses of wine).
4. Scrapbooking with a 4 year old hanging off your left side and a 7 year old hanging off your right side is a pain in the tookus. Note to self - get a lock for the office door.
5. It was REALLY hard for me to take a picture of this layout so that everyone could tell just how totally smoking hot my husband looks in the matted photo (that doggone glare kept flaring up!)
And here are some details about the products I used.
1. The patterned paper is from DCWV's Old World Stack.
2. The alpha stamps are all CTMH (plug! for Kim)... "at his" - Amore Lowercase, "Best" - Delightful Alphabet.
3. I used several Stampin' Up products (plug! for Stacey)... scallop punch (matted behind KEViN chipboard letters), Photo corner punch - I guess both of those are really EK success purchased through Stampin' Up, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip marker and ink pad.
4. Chatterbox Chocolate box letters self adhesive chipboard, but they don't really stick unless I use my ZIG 2 way glue in the blue pen dispenser.
Looking forward to Challenge 2! Or even possibly completing a second layout for Challenge 1!