Some observations about the process and the products used:
- This will go in Liam's birthday album (slowly but surely, I'll finish those albums!!)
- This will represent his SIXTH birthday, not his 7th birthday. When I printed the journaling, I put that it was on his 7th birthday. I finished the page (completely) and re-read the journaling and realized that in 2007 he turned SIX not SEVEN. So, rather than tear the page apart and start over (hail, no!), I covered up "7th" with an orange paper strip on which I wrote "sixth". Nice.
- The photos were taken outside of my parents house before Kev & the boys headed down to the game.
- I used two photos across the bottom instead of three (making the layout work for me), and I liked the rick rack ON TOP of the photos, since you couldn't really revel in all of its rick-racky glory when I put it UNDER the photos.
- This layout was VERY easy to put together (except it was a little time consuming typing the half circle journaling getting everything to line up just so...maybe there's an easier way to do it, but I haven't figured that out yet). And it turned out pretty well, imo, while using very few products:
- 3 colors of cardstock (1 12x12, 1 8.5x11, and a couple of orange scraps <<>
- 1 small piece of patterned paper
- stickers (baseballs & Tigers tickets)
- blue letter stickers
- "Baseball" vellum
- orange rick rack
- for the dots around the half circle I used my white gel pen and followed a template with lots of circles and cut out dots to guide me. I heart my white gel pen. Seriously heart.
And by the way, Kim, I use the clear ruler that you gave me on every single layout. Every.single.one. Thanks SO much. Again.
Go Get 'Em, TIGERS!
(Is it April 10th, yet?)