Last Spring, Jordyn was invited to Honors Night because she made the 6th Grade Honor Roll for three semesters. I've been meaning and meaning to scrap those photos because I love the story. And this was the perfect opportunity to do that.
You Rock - double:
You Rock - left:
You Rock - right:
Some observations about the process and the products used:
- Nothing notable about the products - 3 sheets cardstock, SU! inked edges with Summer Sun, blue sticker letters for the title, SU! chipboard stars painted midnight navy and white, stickles (no issues!) on the "O" star, 3 blue star brads, some lengths of blue fiber.
- The left side of the layout is a variation of the inspiration layout, except that I replaced the bottom right journaling block with a 4x6 photo, moved the title to the middle, and put my journaling in the upper left. Similar, but not exact.
- The right side of the layout houses a pocket with memorabilia from the event: the program, cards she received, her merit award ribbon, a close up picture of the cake, and the longer version of the story as told here. (another reason I'm happy I'm a blogger!)
- The Award of Honor, is a scanned version of her certificate which I printed on a 4x6 piece of white cardstock. (stole this idea from Lisa Bearnson)
- Kevin did not "allow" me to put the bumper sticker on either of our cars, so I saved it to use on this layout instead.
Challenge 7b Inspiration Layout: