Tuesday, February 5, 2013

LOAD213 - Day 3 - 2 Cars

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD213 - Scrap Happier) challenge for Day 3 was to scrap about an object that is important, but often gets overlooked.  I took the picture of both mine and Kevin's cars in the garage late last year.  As I walked by both cars, I remembered thinking about what the presence of both cars in the garage signified for me. 


Journaling reads:


Dad travels so much for work that when he's home we take full advantage! Wrestling, sharing a bottle of wine, dinners out, putting Ash to bed, We <3 him="">

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. I used Picasa to create the collage.  Again.
  2. I printed the collage twice....once in black and white and then again in color because I didn't love the black and white.  But then the color photo didn't look great because the ink levels were low.  So, I cut out the color photo of the cars, popped those up on dots, and left the rest of the photos black and white.
  3. Strips of red washi tape hold the journaling strip in place.
  4. I put the red sticker on the photo of the cars to draw your attention to the main object of the page.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I like how you used the red sticker. It worked.
Another memory written down.

~Amy said...

Great layout idea!