Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LOAD213 - Day 5 - Never Alone

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD213 - Scrap Happier) challenge for Day 5 was to  scrap about your honey. Considering that three out of the first four layouts this LOAD featured my husband, I broadened the scope a bit. This is a Facebook post that I put out recently. Behind the photo collage are all of the replies I received. The title is a picture of a tattoo of a waitress that I had last week after a particularly emotional time missing my dad (who passed away two years ago). There is more to the story of that tattoo, but I will have to give myself some time and space from the experience before I scrap about it. At any rate, her tattoo was a reminder that, even though he's gone, my dad is always with me. My Facebook post was sent out to honor all of the people in my life who helped me through a pretty difficult four days.

 

Journaling Reads:

Sunday, February 3, 2013 - Beyond grateful that I have so many wonderful women in my life. It's not often that I'm an emotional basket case, but when I am, I can count on my daughter, Jordyn Hillary, to listen and exchange crazy texts; I can call Mair Bedford Greene and Michelle Soloway Raisch, who will change out of their jammies, drop what they're doing, throw on a baseball hat, and meet me for a drink because they KNEW I wouldn't ask them to do it unless I needed it; then there are my breakfast buddies: Domonique Call, Amy Keith Petoskey, and Traci Hummel Parsons who cried right along with me over eggs BENNY; and there are also long distance confidantes: Maria DiPonio Hillary & Aimee Puglise Alban; and local let's have a glass of wine tell me everything listener, Lori Fry Skibo. My life is enriched with all of you in it. And, while not a woman, my best friend, Kevin Hillary, who hugged me and held me through the tears...I'd be lost without you. And how can I forget my hottchicks, who put up with my roller coaster emails over the last few days?! Love you girls!! Kim Ouellette-Basinger, Errica Shanahan, Domonique Call, Amy Keith Petoskey, Traci Hummel Parsons, Tina Johnson Davis, Marlo Heidisch Esser, Karen Johnson. BLESSED. I'll get back to my standard issue Zumba emails next week. (24 Comments, 39 Likes)

Hidden Journaling Reads:

  • Mair Bedford Greene oh hell, you just made me cry all over again!!! Love you more than words, Heather <3>
  • Domonique Call Aww! Love you muchly!!!!
  • Kelly Jones Bourn Hope you are better!!! I don't even know what the heck is going on and your post could make me cry.
  • Jennifer Gekiere-Myers Your loved and blessed!
  • Maria DiPonio Hillary Love, Love, Love You!!!
  • Rebecca Elaine Krupa You can add me to the list anytime you need an ear! : )
  • Barbara Shumate love you Heather.
  • Jodie Miller Viviano good friends are a blessing for sure!!
  • Aimee Puglise Alban Love you girlfriend!!
  • Beba Tawfik I HOPE YOU OK HEATHER!!OXOX
  • Heather Shellnut Hillary And how can I forget my hottchicks, who put up with my roller coaster emails over the last few days?! Love you girls!! Kim Ouellette-Basinger, Errica Shanahan, Domonique Call, Amy Keith Petoskey, Traci Hummel Parsons, Tina Johnson Davis, Marlo Heidisch Esser, Karen Johnson. BLESSED. I'll get back to my standard issue Zumba emails next week. :)
  • Tracy Albert Thinking about you hope all is ok. <3>
  • Katie Zelenko Scepka Hope all is ok...
  • Kelly Petit Baran Sending you hugs Heather!! You have so many wonderful people in your life because you are wonderful!! You deserve the very best because you are the very best my dear!! I am sending you positive thoughts along with lots of hugs and love!!
  • Heather Shellnut Hillary Thanks, Ladies!! I'm definitely good, just went through a couple of days intensely thinking about my dad and missing him. But, I KNOW he's always with me, and that's comforting.
  • Michelle Soloway Raisch Awwwww!!!! You will NEVER be ALONE!!!!! Loves me some Heather!!!! <3>
  • Lori Fry Skibo There is an old saying, what comes around, goes around. The reason you have so many wonderful friends, is because you, yourself are one....
  • Lisa Litchfield Sorry you are feeling blue but so happy to see what a wonderful support network you have. Hugs, cuz!
  • Pam Oliver Hey and me too!!
  • Errica Shanahan Love you sister!
  • Kristin Donaldson Pitser Heather, can completely relate to you and the how (even after many, many years for me) sometime out of the blue you can have a hard couple of days of missing your dad! You got a great list there...and you can always add one more if you need me ;)
  • Heather Shellnut Hillary And how could I forget Pamalicious Pam Oliver, who has seen me at my craziest moments?!? Glad she doesn't charge me double for my nails when my manicure often doubles as a therapy session!!
  • Annette Elcoate Oh honey, I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose a parent! Of course you were down and so glad you have a group of ppl to count on! You can count on me to comment on your beautiful FB photos, beautiful!!! Keep your chin up! Your daddy is proud:)
  • Annette Elcoate And I'd like to be a part of that breakfast club:)) ha! Hang in there beautiful!

No comments: