Sunday, April 5, 2009

Challenge 9b - Birds of a Feather

I thoroughly enjoyed putting this layout together for ScRap SiStaZ Challenge 9b.

Slowly but surely catching up on those challenges!!


Challenge 9b - Birds of a Feather (single):


Some observations about the process and the products used:
  1. Patterned papers are from SU! And, in case I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that SU! papers are MADE IN THE USA! (Because SO many scrapbook products are not.)
  2. The argyle ribbon beneath the photo is from CTMH. Taiwan material. Finished in China. (Which is where MOST scrapbook products are made, so I'm over it.)
  3. The journaling on the photo would have been much easier and faster to do if I would have used Picasa (or something) and printed the picture with the text already on it. But I took the long, old fashioned route and used rub-ons.
  4. I had so much fun paper piecing the bird together. I didn't even use a template. I just tried to mimic the bird in the inspiration layout as much as I could. I think it turned out pretty cute.
  5. Kevin is 50% Irish. He is also 50% Polish.
  6. I am 100% American mutt.
Inspiration Layout:

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow, great job on paper piercing that bird!!!