It's a layout that I've had in my head for nearly two years. I picked the title out as soon as I saw these pictures on my computer.
Believe it or not, I DID have an inspiration layout for this page. Even though my layout didn't quite come out like the inspiration layout.
Some observations about the process and the products used:
- Once I realized that, yet again, my wallets print at 2.5x3.5 instead of 2x3, I realized I couldn't do the layout exactly like the inspiration. I just couldn't crop these down without losing some heads and appendages.
- I'd still like to use this inspiration sketch on another layout.
- The inspiration layout is from the very last issue of Simple Scrapbooks evah. sniff, sniff, WAIL!!! So Sad.
- I had a cropping accident with the middle bottom picture. If you look closely, you can see the seams where I tried to put the picture back together. Three glasses of wine and figuring out the measurements of where to cut things don't really mix that well. Lesson should have been learned by now, but what fun would that be?
- I LOVE my white gel pen and use it quite a bit. If you don't own one, you should definitely get one. (I used it to write Owen and Bella on the 2 light blue stars).
- Speaking of the light blue stars, I used the SU! star punch. LOVE punches!!
- The red paper with mini white stars on it behind the 4x6 photo is actually from a border strip paper stack. I just used two border strips and put them together.
- The white background cardstock with red stars on it is my own creation!! I stamped the red stars using this SU! stamp, and only coloring the star with a red marker rather than using an ink pad for the whole stamp. I think it turned out pretty cool. Gotta bust out my stamps more often!!