As you can see, I couldn't be further OFF prompt. I have a list of things to do during this LOAD, and catching up on the kids' birthday albums is on the top of that list!! I even did a double today!! WOO HOO!
Tab behind the collage on the left, that says DEETS at the top provides the following details:
Owen, we celebrated your sixth birthday less than two weeks after Ashton was born. It was no small feat pulling off a party for 30 people while still recovering from childbirth, but the force was with your momma. With Jedi Aunt Shawn’s help, we pulled it off. You were going through a Star Wars phase, as you could probably guess from the pictures. Things that helped make your birthday party awesome, (in addition to the numerous friends and family that helped us celebrate), were (in no particular order):
- Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting topped with Darth Vader rings
- Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting topped with Storm Trooper rings
- Red and green chocolate dipped pretzel rods….a.k.a. “Edible Light Sabers”Yoda Soda (Sprite and lime sherbet)
- The Darth Vader piñata
- Baby Ashton dressed up as Yoda
- Liam dressed up as a Clone Wars clone
- You dressed up as Darth Vader
- Pin the light saber on the Jedi game
- Legos, Legos, and more Legos
- The perma-grin you sported throughout the whole party
Some observations about the process and the products used:
- I haven't used my Cricut in FOR-EVER! Used it for the title and it wasn't AS time consuming as I always make it out to be in my head.
- We really did pull off a pretty kick butt party for being two weeks post-partum!
- Not a whole lot of frills and thrills going on here, but, hey....IT'S DONE!! And I'm one page closer to having Owen's birthday album current! BOO-YAH!