Wednesday, May 9, 2012

LOAD512 - Day 4 - nine Years

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD512) challenge for Day 4: Sounds

 
OK, so I didn't follow the prompt.....AGAIN. But I followed Day 3's prompt to use holiday colors on a non-holiday page. I used pastels reminiscent of an Easter egg on this page I created about my son and his baby quilt that I finally gave to him at NINE YEARS OLD! lol  Another one for his birthday book.  (Pardon the crooked, blurry, photo with a bad glare).
 

Journaling Reads:

It only took NINE YEARS for me to give you your baby quilt. The squares were made by gramma, me, Aunt Shawn, Aunt Dee, Aunt Mary, Aunt Marie, and other family members at your baby shower.  This year I FINALLY had the squares assembled into a quilt. Better late than never!

Some observations about the process and products:

  1. Done is better than perfect.
  2. Stampin' Up papers.  Love how the packs are double sided and coordinate.
  3. The flower was a last minute addition.
  4. I think this is missing something, maybe a tab or tag that let's Liam know that I gave this to him ON his ninth birthday as a birthday gift.  Hopefully he wraps his own babies in this quilt one day.  For now, it's hanging on Ashton's nursery wall.
  5. This page literally took me about 30 minutes to put together.  I'm getting better at this whole quick scrapping thing!

No comments: