Wednesday, May 9, 2012

LOAD512 - Day 6 - Jordyn's Fourteenth Birthday Party

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day (LOAD512) challenge for Day 6 - Sketchy Sunday

You may have noticed, but more than likely you didn't, that I didn't have a layout for Day 5.  That's because I was on a FABULOUS weekend trip to Traverse City-O for Cinco de Mayo.  But, ya know what, I'm not stressing out about the fact that I missed ONE day of LOAD this month.

On the bright side, I followed the prompt today!  I wish I could share the sketch with you, but I'm not sure how to do that.  Let's just say I didn't follow it exactly, but loosely.  It was nice to have the design inspiration.  And, hey, another birthday page!



Journaling Reads:

We celebrated your 14th birthday one month early to avoid the holiday rush in December.  You had 10 friends spend the night...Kristi, Alex, Chelsea, Louise, Megan, Alexis, Kayla, Shelby, Bailey, and Alicia.  You guys drank beer...ROOT beer of course...and watched scary movies.  And enjoyed red velvet cupcakes. 11/20/09

Some observations about the process and products:


  1. The title was taken from her invitation postcards that I had created. 
  2. I think she might have been going through a little mom-leave-me-alone-I-need-some-breathing-room phase because, I didn't take many good photos of the party.  Kind of disappointed about that.
  3. I could NOT get the photos to print out well.  The coloring on them is HORRIBLE.  But, I finally conceded and technology won.  They are what they are.

No comments: