Thursday, February 2, 2012

LOAD 212 Day 2 - ...these girls.

The assignment for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 2 was to scrapbook a Favorite Photo.
Journaling Reads:
Shortly after my dad was diagnosed with an anaplastic astrocytoma on his thalamus (stage III brain cancer), it was clear he wouldn’t be with us much longer. We decided to throw him a party to celebrate his life, while he was still somewhat with us. There are so many people who helped us pull this phenomenal party together in such little time. I had a team of girlfriends, led by Kendrea, in charge of the gorgeous decorations; my pseudo sister, Lorrie, put together an amazing video with hundreds of photos and several songs we had provided her with (many of which she stayed up ‘til the wee hours of the night to scan); friends , family, and members of my parents’ church provided the food and drinks; and …these girls.

These girls (Amy, Tina, and Kim) helped in so many ways, I can’t even begin to name them all. They were there for me from the day my dad was admitted to the ER, to the day we were given his prognosis , to the funeral and grieving that followed. Scrapbookers themselves, they were key in capturing the memories made during the celebration of my dad’s wonderful life. They took pictures and encouraged guests to fill out memory cards. They have been my shoulder whenever needed, and I am forever grateful for their friendship, their support, their laughter, and their much needed hugs. Love you girls! Sept.26, 2010

Some observations about the process and the products used:

1. The 30 minute page is still elusive.
2. LOAD would be much easier if I knew how to navigate Flickr. Learning as I go.
3. All three patterned papers are from the DCWV Indian Summer Fall Stack.
4. Flower is from a pony tail holder...when the elasticity on the pony tail holder gave way, I saved the flower. And I'm just now realizing it probably isn't archival quality.
5. The brad in the center of the flower is from Stampin' Up's Hodge Podge Hardware set.
6. I'm wondering if all of my LOAD pages will in some way be about my dad. Really missing him these last couple of days.

2 comments:

~Amy said...

Love this photo, too! Journaling is beautiful. Thanks for the ponytail holder idea! I have the same kind and it's about to break! Love the rounded corners. Xoxo!

Kim said...

Great photo! Love the page!
Is this program like Tina's where they are giving you a layout or just the idea?