Saturday, February 11, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 11 - Up your Nose with a Rubber Hose

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 11 was: School Days. When Lain gave the idea of scrapping about a lunch box, I instantly thought of this photo. I remember this lunch box explicitly. And while the photo is grainy and not the best quality, it reminds me of my youth.


Journaling Reads:
This is me at 5 1/2 years old in 1978. First day of school on my front porch, with my Welcome Back, Kotter lunch box. Juan Epstein, Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington, heart-throb Vinnie Barbarino, and ooh-ooh-oooh Arnold Horshack seemed like long lost cousins, and Mr. Kotter my cool uncle keeping them all in line. I'm not sure the show's content was suitable for a five year old, but I loved it, and I turned out OK. Maybe that's why I don't censor very much with my own kids. Even Sweathogs can turn out OK.

footnote: I found this same vintage lunch box selling online for $50!

Some observations about the process and the products used:



  1. Stampin' Up paper

  2. I really wish that adhesive-backed chipboard letters actually stuck to the page.

  3. I loooooooved that sweater

  4. Up your Nose with a Rubber Hose << We said this DAILY growing up. I think I'm gonna have to put it back into the circulation.

1 comment:

~Amy said...

Soooo jealous that you had that lunch box!!! Loved that show, too! Cute & fun page!!