No, I'm not conceited. This was my dad's nickname for me my entire life. I was his Gorgeous Girl and my sister was his Darling Daughter. As awkward as my tween and teen years were (the least embarrassing photographic evidence is pictured above), I had the confidence of a beauty queen. I credit a lot of that swagger to this moniker. My motto has always been, "If I don't think I'm beautiful, who will?" Which apparently is why I decided to get some Glamour Shots taken in the 90's. What? You didn't?
Some observations about the process and the products used:
- I do not love my own hand journaling, but sometimes it makes the most sense for the papers you're using.
- Next time I do LOAD, I will organize my photos beforehand. Searching for a photo or two or through is proving to be the biggest time sucker so far.
- DCWV paper from Fun in the Sun Summer Stack. I took a second sheet of the same paper (that my first attempt at hand journaling failed on) and hand cut out some more of the flowers to frame the photos some more.
- This layout contains - 2 sheets of 12x12 card stock, sticker letters, 3 brads, and 12" of ribbon.
- As I was finishing my page, Owen came into my office and looked at the photos. He pointed to the photo from 1982 and said, "That one is a little bit ugly." Um, yes, thank you, Owen. So, I replied, "And guess who looks JUST like that photo?!?! YOU!" Burn.