Sunday, February 12, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 12 - Thanks, Dad, for the ROSACEA

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 12 was: History Repeats itself.



This page talks about the different things that I "got" from my dad. So, it's a loose interpretation of the prompt.

Journaling Reads:
Fortunately, in addition to this ruddy facial condition, you have also given me a competitive spirit, a perfectionist mindset, a dedication to family, an appreciation for corny jokes, a love of musicals, and the belief that good will always triumph over evil. Oh, and the tendency to be just a tad bit impatient with an occasional temper flare. I will strive to embody your honesty, your work ethic, and your selfless acts of kindness. You have given me so much. Photo 12/24/07, Journaling 2/12/12

Some observations about the process and the products used:


  1. I did this page in about an hour, getting faster. It helped that I knew what photo I wanted to use, and found and printed it quickly. And I knew what story I wanted to tell.

  2. Yes, I know it's not the best photo, it's a self portrait and I cut the bottom half of my chin off when I took it. But for some reason, I just love it.

  3. All of the embellies in the upper left were kind of thrown together up there because I felt like the page was "missing" something.

  4. Putting things off center like this really challenges my perfectionist nature. But, when I started LOAD, on of my mantras was "Done is better than Perfect." And, to me, getting these pages done about my dad is absolutely perfect.

No comments: