Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LOAD212 - Day 14 - Poppalove

The prompt for Lain Ehmann's Layout a Day challenge for Day 14 was: Love Lasts
This page is about how much my dad loved his kids and grandkids. The photo collage contains a pic of my dad with each of my four kids when they were three months or younger. The handwritten journaling card shown on the right contains a photo of my dad holding me when I was a couple months old and tucks behind the photo collage.

Journaling reads:
Poppa loved his kids and grandkids with all his heart. He loved to hear babies laugh and would try to elicit your giggles by bouncing you on his knee or making duck noises. He was completely enamored with each one of you. He covered each of you with kisses and zerberts. He was as comfortable with a baby cradled in his arm as he was wielding a hammer. Although, once the crying started, he happily gave you back to gramma.

Some observations about the process and the products used:


  1. Papers and embellishments from a Chatter Box kit. LOVE kits that have everything coordinating already!

  2. Another Picasa3 Photo Collage. LOVE Picasa!

  3. Watching the first few episodes of Smash on hulu whilst trying to create a layout slows the process down significantly.

  4. My enthusiasm is starting to wane. But, we're almost half way through with this LOAD challenge, and tomorrow is a new day. Hoping the excitement returns.

  5. The picture of my dad holding Ashton was taken 5 days before my dad went into the ER.

  6. I want my boys to become this kind of dad/poppa and I want Jordyn to marry this kind of man.

No comments: